MANNINGHAM STUDENT POETRY TRUST AWARDS
No entry fee.
Any subject, any form, 50 line limit.
Each state is allowed to submit 10 top poems for each division.
- Deadline: March 1, 2013 Postmark Do not mail entries before
January 10, 2013
- Awards in each division: First - $75 ; Second - $50; Third - $40 ; Fourth - $35; Fifth - $30; Five Honorable Mentions - $10 each.
- Submit one poem (two copies) neatly typed or computer-generated. No poem will be returned. Keep a copy for your records.
- On one copy only, put student’s name and address, school address and GRADE. On this same copy, student must verify that the poem has not been copied in whole or part from another author’s work, including poems on the internet. Put no identification on second copy.
- A panel of judges will select the ten poems to submit for the junior and senior divisions.
- Mail to:
102 Oakridge Cove
Mark envelope: “Manningham.”
Winners to be announced at the 2013 National Federation of State Poetry Societies convention. Checks will be mailed to winners.
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF STATE POETRY SOCIETIES
GRADES 9 - 12
No entry fee.
Any subject, any form,
32 line limit.
- Deadline March 15, 2013 (Postmark)
- Awards: First - $50; Second - $30; Third - $20; 7 Honorable Mentions - $5 each.
- One entry per student. No poem will be returned.
- Send two typed or computer-generated copies of the poem on 8 1/2 x 11 white paper. Should be single-spaced.
- On both copies, place “#50 Student Award” in upper left corner.
- On second copy only, place student’s name, summer mailing address, phone number and grade in upper right corner.
- Poem must be your original work, must be unpublished, and not out for publication consideration.
- Mail to:
NFSPS Contest Chairman
P. O. Box 7842
Moore, OK 73153
Awards will be mailed to winners. The top three prize winning poems will be published in Prize Poems of the National Federation of State Poetry Societies Anthology.
Central Arkansas Library System
Student Poetry Contest
Grades 6 – 8 (Junior Division)
9 – 12 (Senior Division)
Deadline: Postmarked February 22, 2013
Eligibility: Arkansas student entrees only.
Subject: A poem about one of the four seasons of the year
Line limit: 25
Awards: Junior Division: First - $40; Second - $25; Third - $15; Fourth -
Senior Division: First - $50; Second - $30; Third - $20; Fourth - $10
- Submit one poem (two copies) neatly typed or computer-generated on 8 ˝ x
11 white paper, single spaced. No poem will be returned. Keep a copy for
- On both copies put Division (Junior or Senior) in upper left corner.
- One copy should have no identification except the Division.
- On second copy in upper right corner put: student name and address
school name and address
- On this copy, student must certify his/her poem by writing: “My poem has not
been copied in whole or part from another author’s work, including poems on
the internet.” Sign your name.
- Judging will be final. Winners will be contacted in March and invited to
read winning poems at the Litfest Youth Poetry Competition, Saturday, April 20, 2013. Awards will be mailed to winners who are not
- Mail entries to: Cathy Moran
401 Auburn Dr.
Little Rock AR 72205